The scientific programme of IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, has been reviewed by the American Medical Association and approved for a maximum of 18.75* AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with their participation in the activity.
*The maximum number of credits is subject to change.
- You can view sessions eligible for credits in the online programme by using the filter, “CME accreditation”. Sessions eligible for credits will also be marked on the virtual conference platform.
- The maximum number of credits that can be claimed is subject to change depending on the eventual eligibility of the individual programme sessions.
- The AMA-PRA Category 1 Credits™ desk will be located in the reception area of the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Contact: IAS 2023 CME team at [email protected].
How to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The deadline to submit the application to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ has passed. No late requests will be accepted.
Fifteen minutes of participation in an eligible session equals 0.25 credit.
One hour of participation in an eligible session equals one credit.
The maximum number of credits to claim is 18.75*.
As part of the maximum of 18.75* credits, participants with an “in-person plus virtual” registration type can claim up to two credits for educational sessions attended virtually. Participants with a “virtual” registration type can claim the maximum number of 18.75* credits.
Credits may be claimed only for educational sessions in which you participated (in person or virtually) from 24 to 26 July 2023. Participation on any other day is not considered for credit.
Please note that all data from the evaluation form, as well as data on your attendance at the conference, is shared with the American Medical Association for the purpose of processing your application for credits. Your data will be stored by IAS – the International AIDS Society – and be accessible to the American Medical Association for six years.
After you have completed the form, the IAS will verify your attendance and the American Medical Association will contact you via email to issue the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ certificate.
Overall learning objectives
After participating in IAS 2023, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the identified knowledge gaps and advances in basic science and clinical science innovation, including HIV cure or remission and vaccine.
- Inform their practice and interventions with the latest scientific evidence and better integrate it into broader public health and emergency response strategies.
- Reflect in their practice and research client-centred approaches to prevention, treatment and care, as well as synergies with approaches to co-infections and co-morbidities.
- Make new cross-disciplinary partnerships to realize synergies and foster innovation.
Conflict of interest disclosures
In accordance with the American Medical Association guidelines, the IAS ensures that educational sessions at IAS 2023 provide unbiased, evidence-based content free of commercial influence or bias. All persons in control of programme content are required to disclose financial relationships they have with companies with commercial interests.
Disclosure statements of the programme committee members with relevant financial relationships are available here and disclosures of the speakers are available on the virtual conference platform accessible here.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
Disclosure of commercial support for IAS 2023 is available here.