The 2023 HIV Cure & Immunotherapy Forum, organized by the IAS Towards an HIV Cure initiative, will be held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre in Brisbane, Australia, on 22 July 2023 alongside IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science. The content of the Forum will be accessible online after the meeting.
Following the success of the 2019 HIV & HBV Forum and the 2021 HIV Cure and Gene Therapy Forum, the 2023 Forum will focus on the intersection between immunotherapy and HIV cure research, building on recent advances in both fields. Its main goals are to establish a unified definition for post-intervention control, understand the biological impact of immunotherapies for cure, understand the underlying mechanisms, and learn from advances in immunotherapies in cancer therapeutics and vaccine development.
The Forum will include invited speakers, an oral abstract discussion and a panel discussion incorporating perspectives from both fields and highlighting current research directions.
- Accelerate research on immunotherapy curative strategies.
- Create an environment to foster interdisciplinary collaborations and merge the HIV cure and immunotherapy disciplines.
- Provide an opportunity for the next generation of investigators to launch their careers through interaction and discussion with peers.
- Promote engagement of researchers, advocates, social and behavioural scientists, ethicists, philanthropic organizations and the private sector and seek to promote research in low- and middle-income settings.
- Promote increased investments in cure research.
- Provide a platform for information sharing, debate and networking among peers.
Thumbi Ndung'u, Beatriz Mothe Pujadas and Anthony Kelleher will co-chair the meeting. The Forum Programme Committee will be made up of experts from both fields and include Sharon Lewin and Steve Deeks, the inaugural Co-Chairs of the IAS Towards an HIV Cure forums.
Please see the scientific programme here.
To encourage the broadest participation in the forum, sign-up will be free. However, the meeting will be in person only and limited to 300 attendees. Please note you may only sign up for one IAS 2023 pre-meeting.
Event at capacity and registration is closed. Add your name to the waiting list by emailing [email protected].
Please note that signing up for the pre-meeting does not grant you access to IAS 2023; a separate registration is required for the main event.