Call for applications for young leaders
- Are you a young person under 30 years of age living with or affected by HIV?
- Are you affiliated with a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-serving community-based organization?
- Do you play a leadership role in your community?
- Are you passionate about using digital technology to network, share and learn?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you can apply to be one of ten young leaders driving a collective digital space to support young people.
Applications are now closed
- Why apply
- Key Dates
- Eligibility criteria
As a young leader you will
- Co-create a digital space for young people alongside a dedicated, tech-savvy and innovative group of young leaders, supported by a team of IT and design experts
- Launch the space at IAS 2021 Virtual, the world’s most influential conference on HIV science
- Receive $2000 for your time and to cover the costs of internet data
- Learn vital skills in communications, project management, and design
- Mentor the next cohort of young leaders.
What is the digital space to support young leaders?
The IAS - International AIDS Society, Y+ Global, Youth RISE, ATHENA Network, The PACT, Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition (ATC) and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (EGPAF) have teamed up to build and facilitate a collective digital space that will be developed by young leaders and for young people.
Our goal is to co-create, curate and nurture a digital space for young leaders living with or affected by HIV that:
- is youth-led, youth-responsive, inclusive, accessible, sustainable and innovative;
- showcases youth leadership in all its diversity;
- links young people to organisations and resources tailored to their needs;
- provides capacity building, mentorship and networking opportunities; and
- promotes fundraising opportunities for young people.
We are looking for TEN YOUNG LEADERS to take part in the design process of this digital space.
15 February 2021: Call for applications
7 March 2021: Young leaders’ application deadline
March 2021: Review and selection of candidates
Late March 2021: Applicants informed of outcome
5-13 April 2021: Young leaders’ curriculum to design digital space
May 2021: Development of the digital space
18-21 July 2021: Young leaders attend 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2021) and launch digital space
August 2021-July 2022: Young leaders promote digital space and support next cohort of young leaders
Young leaders must meet these selection criteria:
- Be between 18 and 29
- Be connected to a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-servingorganization working in the HIV response, either as a volunteer, employee or beneficiary
- Be creative, tech-savvy and passionate about the potential of digital technology to contribute to the HIV response
- Have a demonstrated commitment tothe HIV response in your community
- Showcase strong leadership qualities
- Be agreeable to be featured in digital media
- Be available for full time working hours (8 hours per day) between5-13 Apriland 18-21 July 2021
- Be available to take on ad hoc tasks and be an ambassador for the digital space (approximately 3 days total)
- Be available and willing to mentor the next cohort of young leaders in 2022 (approximately 5 days total)
- Have a working knowledge of English OR have translation support from your organization for the duration of the programme
- Young people from key populations and low and middle income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Partners and sponsors
The IAS would like to thank the following organizations for their support to the Youth Voices campaign: