Me and My Healthcare Provider
Me and My Healthcare Provider is a campaign that is part of the International AIDS Society’s (IAS) Nobody Left Behind initiative, which focuses on the broader needs of key populations affected by HIV – men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender people, sex workers and people who inject drugs.
Me and My Healthcare Provider celebrates the many doctors, nurses, receptionists, pharmacists and other frontline healthcare providers who are #DoingTheRightThing by delivering quality HIV prevention, treatment and care services to key populations, often in the face of discriminatory laws, traditions and belief systems.
The campaign is driven by key populations affected by HIV, giving them an opportunity to acknowledge the contributions of healthcare providers who have made a tangible difference in their lives.
- Highlight best practices around key population health and establish a community of good practice within clinics
- Showcase the importance of the client-provider relationship as a key element in delivering HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Recognize healthcare provider champions who are the unrecognized heros in the lives of many MSM, transgender people, people who inject drugs and sex workers
The 2017 Healthcare Provider Champions
From left to right: Aries Maulana Setyawan (nominator), Lusia Ang (awardee), Belden Kamanda Magare (nominator), Stella Wajiru Chege (awardee), Neo Namesto Monnapula (awardee), Chedza Mudongo (nominator) at IAS2017, Paris, France
Learn more about the Healthcare Provider Champions here
How to get involved
- Spread the word about your amazing healthcare provider
Post or tweet how your healthcare provider is #DoingTheRightThing for key populations affected by HIV. Doctor, nurse, community health worker – we want to know what they are doing to provide inclusive HIV and health services for MSM, transgender people, people who inject drugs or sex workers.
- Nominate your healthcare provider to be recognized
Want to thank your healthcare provider for #DoingTheRightThing for key populations affected by HIV? Nominate them to be recognized by the IAS as a Healthcare Provider Champion. Nominees will be eligible to receive a variety of educational and professional opportunities to support their work.
NOMINATE YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
Partners and sponsors
The IAS would like to thank the Elton John AIDS Foundation for their generous support to the Me and My Healthcare Provider campaign.